Makeup Blending Sponge

BEAUTYBAY Blending Sponge . . . 


I've heard loads of raving reports on beauty blending sponges - some priced up to £16.
Now, I don't mind spending the money on great times - but for ones I'm not sure on, not so much.
I'm not a makeup expert - far from it. I'm your average, normal makeup wearer who learns as I go along.



I normally use my fingers to apply my liquid foundation, as I find the heat of my fingers helps to 'melt' it into my skin. I apply it in a carefree manner, much like you would some moisturiser.

I've not got time for all that 'apply from the middle of your face to the outside' faff. I slap it on, rub it around and voila. Tidy up the sides with a tissue to get rid of any tide marks and bob's your uncle.



But, this spongey malarky has had me intrigued for a bit. And it can't take much longer to apply, right?


I went for the BEAUTYBAY.com version. It is a mere fiver.


Having read up on them in a light hearted, 'maybe one day' kinda way I learnt that water is the key to this little fella.
Once you have it, you need to drown it within an inch of it's life. For two reasons, the first being that it will then 'plump' up and be a lot softer for the 'bounce' off your face. The second being, if it's already saturated with water - it's not gonna then soak up all you expensive foundation and use half a bottle at a time.
I ran mine under a running tap and squished it several times to ensure it was thoroughly wet through. I then squeezed out the excess water.
I took a 'before' and 'after' picture thinking the difference was going to be really noticeable having read the replies to a few negative reviews on the website.


As you can see, the results didn't show a fantastic change, but you can feel the difference. It doesn't feel as solid, if that makes sense?
I then applied my new foundation and although I used more than I normally would have, it wasn't a phenomenal amount. 
I 'bounced' it around off my face using the fat rounded side, which was incredibly fun (yes, this is what I call excitement in my life) and was pleased with the results. The pointy end can be used to do more delicate areas and nooks and crannies around the inner eye and around the nostrils etc.
Overall, I was really pleased with the results. It didn't take much more time, was fun to apply (not sure when the novelty would wear off) and was surprised at how flawless it applied my foundation.
As for the more expensive versions that are 3x the price, (having not tried them) unless they are truly miraculous and manage to airbrush you aswell, I would certainly stick to this little guy.

I'm not sure how long it will last, as with the old school makeup sponges, they eventually fall to pieces, but for £5 a pop, if it lasts a couple of months, I'll be a happy bunny. I'm not entirely convinced I'll use it religiously, but again, for the price I don't need to.

Rating: 8/10 - it's great value for money, leaves a lovely finish and is a fab little thing for anyones makeup bag.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...